Sunday, July 29, 2007

30 November 2005 7:00 a.m.

I took the high ground to better understand where the NG were roosting.(Where are they coming from?). My position was on the overpass (Route 60 and Ironwood); southeast quadrant. The first bird was a NG, at 7:00 a. m. The bird was coming from the Baseline Road, golf course area; as I had expected. The bird was over my position at about 50 feet up and to my left, and veering toward me. I took three photos. 1 photo was deleted (in camera). About 1 minute later, 2 NG passed my position and went toward the high school area.

From my reports the case was - I knew Apache Junction had 3 NG; 2 females, and 1 was mature - and 1 male (with a square- tipped tail). Then the shocker, at about 7:o4 a.m. A large accipiter came low, toward my position. 1 photo was taken (a NG); the 4th! Then off to my left were 2, possibly 3, large accipiters crossing Route 60 to get toward the high school and business district. The photos are assigned: 4a-4b and 5.

No comments: