Sunday, July 29, 2007

4 Northern Goshawks for breakfast

1 December 2005 7:00 a.m.
No photos were taken, however, I had 4 Northern Goshawks for breakfast!
Number 1 came over the golf course at 75 to 100 feet elevation. The bird was well toward my left, as it crossed Route 60, to get into the high school area; time, 7:00 a.m. Observation time about 2 minutes.

At about 7:04 a.m., toward my front: in a tight group were 3 NG, heading toward me, travelling parallel to Ironwood Road. The birds were about 100 to 125 to 150 feet elevation, respectively. The birds were seen in 1 glass. then all 3 swung left- then they swung toward the right. The birds were heading over or into the RVP. The birds were observed for 2 to 3 minutes.
I departed Apache Junction, and arrived in Tucson, December,1 2005.
NOTE: every sighting was at or near the RVP.

No comments: